I walked on the moon today (via Google Cardboard).



Today, I did something I never thought I would get to do in my lifetime.
I walked on the moon and saw what the earth and sun looked like from there. 
To be clear, I wasn't technically walking on the moon (and it wasn't a dream). 

Virtual reality (via Google Cardboard) gave me a walking on the moon experience today. My mind was blown. The earth looked like a big beautiful blue spherical jewel in the sky. The sight of our big blue planet triggered introspection in my mind on how human beings live (and fight), but maybe we'll get to those thoughts in another blog post.

Thanks to the progress of virtual reality, I was able to visualize what our planet looks like from another perspective. For the first five minutes, As I "stood" on a crater of the moon, I couldn't stop looking at the blue ocean filled sphere in the sky and the stars around it.

Apart from walking on the moon, I also rode on a rollercoaster, saw the Eiffel tower, went into an imaginary cell world, all sitting in my bedroom. Thank you Virtual Reality for helping me travel. I hope we continue constructing *responsible* virtual realities for the future. I also hope we continue to push our boundaries as a society in a well thought out manner. 

Maybe one day, Elon Musk will make moon travel affordable in my lifetime. (I'm confident we could make it happen, I'm a millennial after all).

Elon, I will help you as much as I can, through my little work. Let me know how my little space roadmap (and imaginative thoughts) fit into yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Treasures.

The glaring screaming unreal.

Conjoined.