Einstein's relativity and thinking in the shower.

I have been trying to break my head to understand Einstein's theory of relativity purely through imagination and not mathematics or science. I know that sounds crazy and stupid, but trying to imagine yourself traveling in a rocket at the speed of light because of which time slows down for you is a fun thought experiment while in the shower. I'm sorry if this sounds like a wrong thought experiment for Einstein's theory, but at least I'm trying. I am nowhere close to cracking the theory or understanding it. I do a lot of thinking in the shower. Although, I don't quite get it yet, these thought experiments lead to other AHA moments for me which might be completely illogical or logical or truthful or wrong. I'm not quite sure if these thoughts are scientific. They're just things I think. So here's a little peek into one of those moments:

AHA moment #1: Truth can be relative.
On this planet that we live, there is no right or wrong answer. Let's say I am standing on a platform not moving, I would think I am stationary when I'm not moving? Is that true? But the truth (pun intended) is, I am standing on a planet, that rotates around its axis and revolves around the sun and that I am a small part of this insanely huge infinite universe that is constantly moving. The truth might be that I'm not stationary. Technically, I revolve around the sun too with the earth? But I call myself stationary because that is the way I see myself and other humans around me see me like that. But that is the truth for me. For someone watching me from space, I'm not stationary and that is the truth for him. Objectivity is hard. Its all relative and that is the nature and complexity of this universe we live in.

Sorry if this post is sounding unscientific. Having a wild imagination is fun too!

Ok that's enough for today!

Have a relatively good day, world! Again, the way you see 'good day' is different from the way I do. There is no good day. It's all relative isn't it?

Comments

  1. As opposed to all your other posts being scientific ? And why is that a deficiency at all? Einstein explained relativity many times in examples of a sittign with pretty girl vs sitting on a hot stove. :)

    And about thinking in showers, one of the biggest scientific discoveries was made in a bath tub. What did you shout when when running out of the shower to write this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your perspective! Not being scientific is sort of a deficiency, but imagination is permitted to break the laws of science :)

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with part that brain is more productive in shower - best time to plan ur day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping head cool in a way may be externally using shower or like I do through meditation. Unfortunately, I do meditation at peak hours just before leaving for office. But those 10mins makes an observable difference. Well I need to try your shower thing..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Treasures.

The glaring screaming unreal.

Conjoined.