Time-lapse dreaming.

To begin with, this is a simple story. I know the words 'time-lapse dreaming' sound incredibly complicated, or maybe new, or just ridiculous. But trust me, this is simple.

So, I visited Boston over the winter break, and tried to go walking/running as much as I could have. On one of those days, as I was walking, I looked at the trees around me, all the leaves had fallen, it was winter.

This might seem like an obvious observation to you.

But, I had visited Boston in the beginning of Fall earlier this year too, and had gotten to see a glimpse of how gorgeously colorful and the beautiful the trees were. So the absence of any color in the winter was eye-catching too. 

So as I continued to walk, I saw this one particular leaf strewn on the ground before me as I walked, while I was also watching the colorless, lifeless trees. 

Then, for whatever reason, I thought of a time-lapse.

I imagined, how this tree would be full of life and color and thriving with energy and life, and how over a period of a few weeks, all the color would vanish from it, and all the leaves would eventually fall while changing color. The tree was now left, cold and bland.

But this was purely seasonality. 

Then, I imagined a time-lapse into the future, I realized new leaves would bring color and life back to the tree again in spring.

What if we had the power of visualizing a time-lapse in everything we do?

I'm not saying predicting the future. 

But realizing that whatever is with us, is colorful and beautiful, and it might not be so tomorrow, but then life will keep gushing back in, when you're stuck in a cold and bland spot and that is the nature of life that we need to accept. 

The ever-changing and constantly adaptive nature of this universe and our realization of it being that way is what sets us apart. And as human beings, we have this incredible power to visualize the universe, thinking these thoughts is an ability no other animal in this universe has.

So make the most of it. Time-lapse through everything you see. Give it a shot.

Look at the mug next to you. It exists and you're drinking from it. But it can't remain like this forever. There will be cracks. And it will break at some point.

The reason sadness hits us is because we believe everything we have will remain as it is. Accepting change and chaos is not in human nature. But if you start to view the world in time-lapse and realize how things are going to be and not be, it will bring clarity into your life. 

Happy time-lapsing in that day-dreaming time :)

Time-lapse: http://on.fb.me/1BFZQB6





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Treasures.

The glaring screaming unreal.

Conjoined.